Here are a couple super yummy recipes I recommend trying. First, pancakes. MmMmMm sometimes I get a craving for a delicious short stack of pancakes with real Vermont maple syrup. The best! Second is some blueberry muffins. Both these recipes are Gluten and Dairy Free. I am Celiac (yes I have a true allergy) and Dairy, well, doesn’t really agree with my stomach. So I try my best to be super proactive and healthy. We should take great care of our bodies!
GLUTEN-FREE BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
- 2 cups Gluten Free Flour (rice or almond, whichever tickles your fancy)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance butter, softened (vegan!)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rice milk
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh of course)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 15 muffins cups or line them with paper liners.
- Whisk together flour blend with the baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and granulated sugar. Beat on medium-low speed until thick. With the beater still running, add the eggs, and vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed. Mix until thick. Stop the mixer and add the milk and vanilla extract. Mix until a soft batter forms. The batter will be thick.
- Gently fold in the blueberries with a rubber spatula. (the batter will get VERY thick. This is totally normal.)
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans. Fill each cavity about 2/3 full. Top each muffin with about 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar. (The sugar topping is optional.)
- Bake until a cake tester inserted into the center of one of the muffins comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan for five minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
GLUTEN-FREE EAZY BREEZY PANCAKES
- Mix Ingredients, whisk away
- Pour onto pan or griddle
- Drizzle maple syrup (REAL syrup of course)
- Maybe add some whipped cream or blueberries
- Sit back and enjoy!!
Try these out. They are easy, fun and pretty healthy too. Have some fun in the kitchen. Off to cook some more. Wearing ONLY a little apron of course.