Once in a while you need to give your mind and body a rest. It is like recharging your phone. The battery gets depleted and needs more juice. I have these moments and actively do these things to get my mind and body back on track.
1. Massage – gets the circulation flowing and stretches the muscles. I hold a lot of tension in my neck and shoulders so it is a nice release. I try to go once every other week.
2. Walking – going outside and getting fresh air. Sometimes I go to the mall and walk around for a bit.
3. Driving – driving and blaring music has always been one of my favorite ways to calm my mind.
4. Dance class – I feel invigorated and happy when I leave class. Plus I get a great work out in as well. Gotta keep this body healthy and in shape!
5. Journal – pouring thoughts on paper is very satisfying. I also do little doodles in the margins!
6. Netflix – getting lost in a show and watching a whole series is fun. I easily get wrapped up in the story and enjoy it for a good while.
7. Movies – a nice break from reality. I get lost in movies and enjoy the experience. I always get my cherry Icee and bunch-a-crunch.
8. Cleanse – I have a bad habit of eating a lot of junk food so sometimes I eat fruits, vegetables and soup for a few days to clean my system out. Gotta get those vitamins and antioxidants!
9. Music – listening to music has always been a salvation to me. Putting on headphones and dancing around just feels so good. It makes the soul happy.
10. No Social Media for one day – sometimes it is good to disconnect from the Internet for a day and read a book or go visit a friend. It can be overwhelming at times.
Inner Peace =)