They say it takes 21 days with consistent practice to develop a good habit. I probably need to utilize that more. Bad habits die hard, and boy is that true. My inner voice keeps saying ‘Stop it!’ but sometimes I do not listen. Need to change that. How many of these do you relate to?
1. Texting and driving – I know, it is a terrible and dangerous habit. I have gotten a lot better with it and wait until I am parked to use my phone.
2. Eating too much junk food – I have a major sweet tooth and find it very difficult to stay away from those yummy desserts. Chocolate anything is my vice. I also sometimes eat a lot when I feel stressed. Probably not the best thing to do.
3. Being messy – Two words: pig pen. I go through phases where my place looks like a big tornado hit it so I spend a whole day cleaning it. It looks like a model home for a few days until I start throwing clothes on the floor again. This is why I started putting big baskets everywhere, keeps it a little cleaner when I can walk in and put my bag and stuff I brought home in one contained area.
4. Worrying – I saw a cartoon with a girl wearing a cape that said “Anxiety Girl: able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound.” Yep, that’s me.
5. Being Lazy – I am a night owl so the mornings are tough for me. It takes me a little while to get out of bed to start my day. I have been consciously trying to get better at it. When my body is tired I do not want to do a lot, but sometimes things need to get done.
6. Procrastinating – The problem here is I enjoy working under pressure. So naturally I wait until the last possible minute to do everything. I keep telling myself it would be a lot easier to space everything out and get things done one by one.
No more bad habits. Working on it.